The Telco industry has for a long time existed on the bleeding edge of digital progress. The services they provide have been the backbone of digital progress and possibility across all sectors, and bring new possibilities to end users across the world.
Today, perhaps more than ever before, the demands for Telcos to continue to innovate and adapt are greater than ever. With the emergence of new technologies, both complementary and competing, combined with the boom in competition and fragmentation of the sector mean that only the most agile, adaptable and forward thinking companies will flourish.
Capabilities for Telco Organisations
Chakray can assist your organisation by delivering Telco transformations that include:
- Personalised Customer Experiences - Delivering a quick and personalised service is one of the biggest challenges in the telecom industry as providers can receive millions of customer requests every day. Utilising Data and Analytics through Event Streams and Real-Time integrations, Chakray can help deliver improved customer experiences and increased intelligence enabling you to make better decisions for your customers.
- Connect with your legacy systems - Integrating new solutions with existing technologies and platforms is one of the biggest barriers to digital transformation for Telco operators. Existing systems are usually complex and fragmented with inconsistent data across different systems. Chakray can help establish an integration capability capable of blending the new with the existing OSS and BSS platforms.
- Create an integrated services ecosystem - Create API strategies to enable the utilisation of APIs to expose your telco IT and network services and aid collaboration with other 3rd parties to deliver unique services and monetisation plans to customers such as streaming services, news, social media and cloud storage.
- Identity and Access Management Strategy - Identity and access management and cyber security solutions will allow you to protect both your company's data and your customers and third parties data, thus increasing their confidence in your business. Customer Identity and Access Management is also a key enabler to an improved customer journey.
- Increase Digital Agility - Telecom industry standards may change regularly, though not as regularly as technology hypes and trends within the industry. Whatever the reason, a successful telecom organisation needs to be able to change quickly in order to increase customer base and market share. Chakray can help implement strategies to allow for digital agility involving multiple speeds of change in order to innovate, deliver and adapt quickly to an ever-changing landscape.
Whilst all telco organisations are unique, there are many common themes in terms of the technical challenges they face which are currently disrupting this sector. In this section we’ll provide a high level view of some of the most common ones.
Chakray’s Telco-Connect solution will enable Telco providers to seamlessly integrate their back-end systems and create new revenue streams through exposing Telco Services via APIs with industry standards like GSMA. Essentially this improves customer experience in different channels such as USSD, Mobile Apps and Web Apps. Organisation specific 3rd party systems, billing engines, merchants, payment gateways and many other external and internal systems would be integrated to provide advanced capabilities of the platform.
Our ready-to-deploy solution has in-built Telco connectors for integrating with world’s leading BSS/OSS providers including Nokia, Ericsson and Amdocs which can be easily configured and customised. The solution is also enriched with a comprehensive Identity and Access Management capability which enables Mobile Connect standard as an extension and is powered by WSO2.
Telco-Connect Platform Features
Comprehensive Identity and Access Management System provides user management, authentication, authorisation and OAuth 2.0 based API Security.
Pluggable Telco Connectors
In-built connectors for seamless integration with most widely used OSS/BSS platforms within Telecommunication Systems
Micro-services based container deployment to provide maximum scalability with the flexibility of deploying within on-premise, cloud or hybrid environments
Monitoring & Smart Analytics
Centralised login framework with smart analytics provided by in-built dashboards for monitoring of both applications and infrastructure
Some of the key APIs pre-built in Telco-Connect platform are listed below. Many other APIs can be implemented seamlessly with the support of a common re-usable framework provided by the platform itself for integrations.
Dedicated Solutions for the Telco sector
The Telco-Connect platform provides an end to end application development experience with its API MarketPlace (API Store) powered by WSO2 API Management platform. External developers can search, view, subscribe and test the different Telco APIs to get the best out of its functionalities for their app development.
Coupling with WSO2 Identity Management Platform, it provides a more secure and managed user base with added security to the API layer using industry standard authentication mechanisms aligning with authentication provided in GSMA specification for mobile operators.
- Whether you are looking to leverage the technical and reputational benefits by being ahead of the curve, or if you are in a region where it is a regulatory requirement, we can help.
- We can work with your technical teams, leaders and stakeholders to help your organisation understand the benefits, responsibilities and journey of your company's digital transformation and integration.
- Our team of experts work closely with you to identify and implement the technologies and solutions that can help your company's digital ecosystem generate higher revenues and improve user experience.
You May Be Interested In...
Further information and reading on subjects related to this page.
Top trends and challenges post Covid faced by the Telecoms industry
Are you wondering what are the latest trends and challenges in the telecommunications sector If you want to bet on an innovative (and winning)
Talk to our experts
Contact our team to discuss your initiatives and find out how Chakray can help deliver your successful outcomes.Get in touch