Gravitee and Chakray: Reseller Partner
Chakray is a Gravitee partner. This allows us to offer our customers the possibility of having professionals with extensive and proven experience in the implementation of API Management business solutions.
In these processes, we provide added value from the initial consultation which allows us to define the design and architecture of the solution, and progress to implementation, development and subsequent implementation of the strategy, as well as support and maintenance as managed services following the implementation of the solutions.
The Miranza Group improves the customer experience with an integrated healthcare strategy using Gravitee technology.
Discover how more than 300 online appointments were generated in 2 months thanks to the implementation of the solution, of which 50% were new patients in this successful case study.Download case study
Gravitee is a complete API Management solution with an event-based architecture that is able to:
Unifying the management, security, and governance of synchronous and asynchronous API ecosystems
Secure the data
Reinforcing the security of access to APIs, with control of who, how, and when they are accessed and consumed.
Modernize with minimal effort
Introducing new protocols, services, and APIs without having to learn new skills or invest in more tools.
Integrating people, processes, and technologies across the company for improved and secure collaboration thanks to more affordable operations.
Implement API observability
Easily auditing, visualizing the consumption and behavior of APIs, to ensure risk mitigation and/or regulatory compliance.
Turning APIs into products that can be monetized and measured.
As a platform, it far exceeds the scope of API management, since it enables you to manage and secure the entire API lifecycle, with solutions for design, management, securitization, productivity, real-time observability, and much more.
Gravitee stands out from the competition thanks to an approach based on these 6 main points:
Gravitee has developed a platform that can manage both synchronous APIs and event-driven APIs, and mediate between protocols and backends such as Kafka and Webhookx, Websockets, REST APIs, etc.
Breadth of coverage
Among its open source and enterprise products, Gravitee offers API Gateway and API Management, Identity and Access Management, API Design, API Monitoring, API Productification, API Productification, API Security, etc.
Open source philosophy
Gravitee started as an open source product (its API Management and Access Management products are still licensed under Apache 2.0) and has remained a company that has been heavily contributing to the community ever since, with the goal of being the best open source solution for APIs.
Ease of use and time to value
In its products, Gravitee reflects the idea of “abstracting” the difficulties of API Design with a UI and a philosophy based on ease of use and user experience.
Commitment to security and privacy
Gravitee's API Management and Access Management solutions are FAPI (Financial-grade API) grade.
Providing opportunities for both audiences to influence the roadmap and direction of the product.
The Gravitee Platform:
The Gravitee API Designer is a no-code solution for the visual design of APIs and their data models, which, thanks to its graphical interface based on “drag & drop”, allows API development teams to apply the Design-first philosophy, regardless of their level of technical skill, from the start.
- Fast and agile development, with a “Design First” approach, which reduces the time spent translating business requirements into high-quality API definitions.
- Simplified development process, with an API design based on simple flow charts, that anyone in the company can use.
- The design of the API Contract is accessible from a single, easy-to-use tool for any team member.
- Automatic generation of OpenAPI documentation during the API design process.
- Dynamically generated “mock” (simulated) data, to test functions without wasting time making changes in the backend.
- One-click publication of the designed API on the Gravitee developer portal for visibility and ease of consumption.
Gravitee API Management is a flexible, lightweight, high-performance solution that helps to govern, manage, and secure synchronous and asynchronous APIs.
- Consumption policies that can be applied and executed using a graphical flowchart or via the CLI (Command Line Interface).
- Visualization of API usage with the included analytics dashboard, or possibility to integrate with external tools, such as Grafana or Kibana.
- An API Gateway that is four times faster and more efficient than other popular solutions.
- Policy Studio tool, for the creation of policies to be applied to the published APIs, modifying the traffic arriving via the API Gateway through the configuration of quotas, speed limits, and customized attributes. It has 50 pre-designed policies to be used or customized.
- API Management with the Event-Driven-Architecture (EDA) approach: support for modern backend protocols using the Gravitee service management ecosystem.
- Support for the most widely used load balancers to ensure full control and scalability of traffic, and full failover control to ensure that API calls are always satisfied.
- Developer Portal to help consumers of APIs understand and use them.
- Highly granular log records and sophisticated audit trails to help monitor API behavior and consumption over time.
- Built-in debugging tools to quickly identify and resolve API bugs during the design phase.
- “Infrastructure as Code” approach: In addition to implementing APIs using the Gravitee interface, you can deploy APIs as code, either through REST API or through CRD using the Gravitee Kubernetes Operator
Gravitee Identity and Access Management is an open, easy-to-use source solution for securing applications and APIs through access control, authentication, identity and access management, authorization, and threat protection services.
- Control and security over company data through the configuration of industry standard protocols, multi-factor authentication, biometrics, tokens, and other authentication mechanisms without the need for a password.
- Strong, centralized authentication for API consumers using customized, ready-to-use identity providers.
- Custom authentication extension points and flexible integrations, to create login flows that group together users who work with different identity providers.
- Easy-to-configure Single Sign On functionality for strong, centralized authentication that is easy to set up.
- “Last Mile” Safety: Gravitee enables you to implement the “gold standards” in access control and MFA with support for biometrics, FIDO 2, authentication without password and more.
- Access Management Console provides visibility into logins, registrations, users, and other access metrics
Gravitee Cockpit is a Control Panel tool to centrally manage Gravitee environments, visualize, and monitor the components of your deployments, and promote APIs between them.
- Unified, top-level view of all Gravitee deployments across the organization, with a unified dashboard showing analytics across all environments in one place.
- Gravitee hierarchy management, from account to node level.
- Monitoring the availability of the nodes in the different Gravitee instances to ensure that the API Gateways function correctly.
Gravitee Alert Engine allows you to monitor and secure APIs in real time, to locate, isolate and solve reliability, performance, and security risks.
- Identify problematic areas or high-risk issues for rapid resolution and improvement.
- Secure your API environment with confidence, with automatic detection of suspicious behavior that alerts administrators.
- Easily configurable multi-channel notifications, via email, webhooks or with popular collaboration tools such as Slack or MSteams that alert users to SLA breaches in real time.
- Detection of identified threats and suspicious behavior along with alerts to administrators.
For many of our customers, their first contact with us is through an APIfication Accelerator. This fixed-cost, low-friction service enables organizations to quickly demonstrate the value of a Gravitee implementation.
In order to do so, we help clients select significant use cases that demonstrate the return on investment from the start, with a value-based approach.
On the other hand, we can help organizations plan their Gravitee adoption, define the correct architecture to implement said technology, understand the cost of ownership, and optimize their consumption.
The flexibility that Gravitee has in terms of its deployment can provide significant opportunities for organizations to take advantage of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes and optimize their operational costs. Our DevOps and CI/CD engineers work with our clients’ teams to ensure that the deployment and maintenance of these technologies are implemented in accordance with industry-recommended best practices.
We see APIfication as a capacity of organizations. For some of our clients we provide this complete end-to-end capability, for others we guide them in the creation of said capability or an associated center of excellence, regardless of whether the tasks involve API design, API Management solution deployment, provision of Scrum development teams, or implementation of industry-specific reference architectures.
Value of integration
Integration is Chakray’s DNA and Gravitee (as an APIfication technology) is ultimately part of an integration ecosystem as well. Therefore, we employ and treat it like other technologies in our stack: as a fundamental building block for the success of companies that digitally transform themselves in a connected world, that absorb it in within their strategy and make it their own, thereby generating value.
It is critical to understand and identify where the opportunity exists to use the platform more broadly to meet the needs of the organization and deliver that business value. This can be tricky to achieve unless you have a strategical understanding the technology’s contribution and its characteristics.
Considerations about Gravitee
- Gravitee’s open source products (API Management and Access Management) are the cornerstone of its ecosystem. However, in addition to these products, the Enterprise edition includes other additional features for business continuity and security, monitoring and API design, as well as manufacturer support via a subscription model, based on plans depending on the number of Gateways deployed.
- Due to the criticality of the scope of a platform such as Gravitee in the operation of organizations, at Chakray we always recommend the choice of the option supported by the manufacturer, since on the one hand it will allow to have the necessary guarantees for business continuity and on the other, it provides room for improvement and sustainability of the software with the economic retribution for the aforementioned support.
- In a Gravitee implementation, in the vast majority of cases, it will also be convenient to have DevOps and CI/CD methodologies using containerization technologies. It is easy to increase the operational cost if these disciplines and their supporting technologies are not in place,. Therefore, it is important to carefully plan the architecture, its operational deployment, and the incorporation of the methodologies. In addition, it is necessary to consider the deployment of an observability platform, and how it will be implemented.
- As in any implementation of a core business activity management system, it must be accompanied by the adoption of a process change as an integral and not exclusively technical initiative.
- Generating that adoption capacity is a journey. Knowing when to use the right product or capability, building skills, sharing of knowledge, and establishing a center of excellence are all tasks where Chakray can bring value through its experience and expertise.
Get in touch
Send us a message and we’ll get right back to you.
Chakray has offered specialized integration consultancy services since 2013. Our entire team is fully dedicated to the knowledge and discipline of integration. Whether they are business integration patterns, iPaaS, microservices or event streaming, we provide a connected integration mindset when solving problems for our customers. We support our clients in making the most out of and understanding the value of the technologies they are using while helping them avoid or eliminate technical debt in implementations. Whether it’s data expertise, integration, DevOps, or something specific like GDPR or data protection, we provide the right SMEs and implementation experience to help you. Our clients rely on our expertise to prevent the most common pitfalls and establish the right capabilities within their organization.
You May Be Interested In…
Further information and reading on subjects related to this page.
Steps to implement Gravitee API Management in your company: A Quick start guide
In this guide, we are going to learn step by step everything you need to know about how to implement Gravitee API Management, the Apache 20 solution
Talk to our experts
Contact our team and discover the cutting-edge technologies that will empower your businessGet in touch