DevOps has become an essential software development methodology in recent years. This is mainly because it reduces costs, resolves issues quickly and facilitates automated development, and the integration and the infrastructure creation within an organization. Therefore, this methodology continues evolving over time. In this article, we will analyze and explain the DevOps trends for 2022.
Main DevOps trends and capabilities for 2022
DevOps teams will be more effective and productive in 2022 on account of these 6 DevOps trends:
Security in software development is becoming increasingly important in order for companies across the world to avoid cyberattacks. It is expected that by 2022 most companies will have integrated and automated security in their DevOps processes, shifting from a DevOps approach to a DevSecOps approach.
With this new approach, companies will incorporate security checks into their applications lifecycles at an earlier stage. As a result, DevOps teams will be able to identify faster security issues and vulnerabilities during the development phases and improve the quality and speed of their deliveries.
2. Serverless computing
Even though serverless computing has existed for a long time, it hasn’t been rapidly adopted. It´s a model in which the cloud provider is in charge of executing a code fragment, assigning resources dynamically.
The reasons why it will grow in importance over the coming years are as follow:
- It frees the DevOps teams from the infrastructure management, it provides speed, trustworthiness, profitability, and flexibility.
- It autoscales the resources to other main activities.
- It reduces time-to-market.
- It reduces the risk of maintenance issues.
3. Low-Code platforms and apps
Low-Code is a software development approach that enables fast app development and implementation. It minimizes manual code development by using preconfigured, ready to use templates or code fragments. It boosts productivity, as it enables DevOps teams to develop new functionalities using drag and drop.
Experts hope that Low-Code will be used across the entire software development lifecycle. This will support every phase of the process, such as, the ideation, software design, code development, testing, etc.
4. Microservices architecture
Microservice architecture will surely become one of the most relevant DevOps trends for 2022, as this architecture provides important benefits for developers, such as:
- It provides a greater development flexibility, scalability, and speed. It eliminates the need to suspend the entire application if a problem is detected or a change needs to be made.
- It will grant the possibility to deploy each service segmented according to the business needs, rather than having to scale an entire application at once.
5. Software development based on Kubernetes
Kubernetes is an open-source container orchestration system of great importance for the infrastructure. On the other hand, experts assure that Kubernetes based software development will expand over the course of this year. It will become one of the main DevOps trends for 2022.
This paradigm shift makes it easier to launch a Kubernetes cluster on a developer’s machine, which is critical for faster and more secure application deployment.
6. Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Artificial Intelligence is transforming every business sector and is set to become a key element in the DevOps ecosystem.
With a growing list of responsibilities and increasing demands on their time, DevOps teams usually are under pressure to choose between maintaining quality or speeding up the process. That´s why organizations urgently need a new approach that enables them to combine DevOps with Artificial Intelligence.
Including Artificial Intelligence in DevOps will bring the following benefits to companies:
- It promotes faster and safer software development cycles, with greater confidence and less risk.
- It removes the need for a human intervention in every process. This reduces the likelihood of errors and frees up workloads.
- Automate, predict, improve, and detect problems faster.
The DevOps methodology will continue to be a cornerstone for organizations and development processes of companies that want to lead the digital transformation for 2022 and in the future, which is why it is critical to understand every one of the DevOps trends to implement it in your company in the most effective way possible.
Do you want to learn more about DevOps trends and use cases? Contact our team of experts to learn more about the benefits of the DevOps methodology and how to implement it in your business.