Graduate Integration Engineer – United Kingdom
About the Role
As a Graduate Integration Engineer at Chakray you will join a dynamic and growing team of people with a passion for integration and technology. You will work with a variety of technologies in the integration market including ESBs, Event Streaming, iPaaS, API Management and deploy across multiple public/private cloud platforms.
We expect our Graduate Integration Engineers at Chakray to continually develop themselves and work toward becoming skilled integration engineers.
- You will be a recent Computer Science graduate or have a degree from a technical discipline that incorporated learning modules related to programming/software development
- Alternatively, you will have a non-engineering based degree and have completed programming/software development training outside of your degree. This may be with LinkedIn learning, Udemy, Pluralsight etc
- You will have an interest in Data and Systems Integration with some knowledge of technologies in the market e.g. Boomi, Azure Integration Services, Talend, Workato, Jitterbit, SnapLogic, TIBCO, MuleSoft, WSO2, Web Methods, Apache Kafka, Informatica or similar technologies
- You will conceptually understand APIs and API contracts
- You will have a hunger for learning and desire to become an expert in the field of Integration
- You are fluent in English, minimum B2 level to be able to communicate with the client.
- You must have experience of Java or a similar programming language
- You have a degree in Computer Science or a technical/engineering discipline.
- Experience with the following technologies and tools would be highly beneficial: Wso2, Java, Gradle, Git, Docker, AWS, Terraform and Kafka.
As a graduate, our principal expectation of you is your desire to grow. This role is for someone at the beginning of the career looking to establish themselves in the IT industry. You will spend the next 2 years as a graduate working towards becoming a skilled integration engineer. You will learn the core body of knowledge around integration and also become skilled in a number of market leading technologies in this space.
We are a niche global consultancy. Our interest is in integration and in solving connected business problems. We don’t implement the applications we connect for customers. We amplify their value to the business by making them relevant to other applications, systems and services within the organisations. We work with organisations of all sizes, helping them to select, deploy and operate the right fit integration technologies to meet the challenges they face. We focus on ensuring that our customers adopt solutions and capabilities that best meet their integration needs.
We are technology agnostic in that we will work with any technology our customer needs us to work with. We are pragmatic in terms of the choices we make in partnering with technology vendors. Whether it is proprietary or open source, Azure or AWS, cloud or on-premise… what we deliver is what we believe delivers the right value for the customer.
The strength of any consultancy business is its people. Valuing our people and their careers is fundamental in developing the strength of our brand in the market. We are striving as an organisation to continually aspire to be the best version of Chakray we can be and we see that as an ongoing journey not a destination.