Senior DevOps / Site Reliability / Automation Engineer – Sri Lanka
About the job
As a DevOps/Site Reliability/Automation Engineer in our Technology Team you will focus on ensuring that our customers adopt solutions and capabilities that best meet their delivery needs. We’re looking for a candidate with a number of years of experience in the DevOps field who is comfortable implementing both new deployments of technology and working within existing implementations in our customer engagement teams.
Our DevOps engineers work on a variety technologies, including:
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible, Azure ARM Templates, Serverless, Helm)
- Containers & Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cloud Platforms (Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Scripting (Python, Bash)
- Operating Systems (Linux, Windows)
- Networking & Routing (Istio, HAProxy, Nginx)
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Gitlab-ci, Azure Pipelines)
- Observability (ELK, Prometheus)
- Message Brokers (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ)
- You have a minimum of 4 years experience of managing a complete DevOps stack preferably in the above technologies
- You are certified in technologies appropriate to the role e.g. Amazon AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional, DevOps Institute (DevOps/DevSecOps Foundation, DevOps Engineer, SRE Practitioner)
- You have understanding not just of DevOps but also an appreciation of DevSecOps
- You have experience/understanding of maintaining Java based applications and the JVM
- You have experience managing mission critical production infrastructure
- You have experience optimising cloud implementations in both performance and cost terms
- You have strong documentation and communication skills
- You have a hunger for knowledge, attaining new skills/certifications and continually developing your career
- You are a team player and want to help develop the people around you
We are a niche global consultancy. Our focus as a business is in integration and DevOps. We don’t implement the systems we connect or develop the application code our customers deploy. Our passion is in developing the code that automates their systems, testing, releases, environments and infrastructure that powers their applications.
We are technology agnostic in that we will work with any technology our customer needs us to work with. We are pragmatic in terms of the choices we make in partnering with technology vendors.
What Do We Offer?
As a Chakray employee you can expect:
- A competitive salary based on your skills and experience
- A career you can develop and own in an organisation with niche focus, specialisms and expertise that are valued in the market
- Flexibility in work location and working from home
- Opportunities to work with a wide range of industry leading global organisations
- Continuous personal development through training, industry recognised certifications and all important experience applying new skills in customer engagements
- An organisation that values its people, wants them to challenge the status quo and find the next level in everything we do