About The Role
As a Kafka Engineer at Chakray you will join a dynamic and growing team of people with a passion for integration and technology. You will work with our customers to implement event streaming solutions to meet the ongoing data and integration needs. You will work throughout the full lifecycle of delivery from establishing the event backbone, event-driven architecture, standards for data and touch points for producer and consumer applications/services.
- You are a Kafka expert with experience of end to end delivery of Kafka event streaming solutions
- You are Confluent certified to both administrator and developer levels, or actively working towards it
- You have experience with delivering consumers, producers, Kafka Connect, Schema Registry, ksqlDB, AsyncAPI etc
- You are passionate about Kafka and an evangelist amongst your peers
- You are highly proficient in one of the following development languages; Java, Python, Go
- You are experienced in Containers & Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- You have experience in at least one of the major Cloud Platforms (Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- You have experience of delivery with CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Gitlab-ci, Azure Pipelines) and DevOps environment/culture
What Do We Offer
As a Chakray employee you can expect:
- A competitive salary based on your skills and experience
- A career you can develop and own in an organisation with niche focus, specialisms and expertise that are valued in the market
- Flexibility in work location and working from home
- Opportunities to work with a wide range of industry leading global organisations
- Continuous personal development through training, industry recognised certifications and all important experience applying new skills in customer engagements
- An organisation that values its people, wants them to challenge the status quo and find the next level in everything we do
We are a niche global consultancy. Our interest is in integration and in solving connected business problems. We don’t implement the applications we connect for customers. We amplify their value to the business by making them relevant to other applications, systems and services within the organisations. We work with organisations of all sizes, helping them to select, deploy and operate the right fit integration technologies to meet the challenges they face. We focus on ensuring that our customers adopt solutions and capabilities that best meet their integration needs.
We are technology agnostic in that we will work with any technology our customer needs us to work with. We are pragmatic in terms of the choices we make in partnering with technology vendors. Whether it is proprietary or open source, Azure or AWS, cloud or on-premise… what we deliver is what we believe delivers the right value for the customer.
The strength of any consultancy business is its people. Valuing our people and their careers is fundamental in developing the strength of our brand in the market. We are striving as an organisation to continually aspire to be the best version of Chakray we can be and we see that as an ongoing journey not a destination.